Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Shonen Otaku First Annual Christmas Blog

Chances are, the first question you're going to ask is "What did you get?!"  Well, to get to the point, here are my game/anime gifts this year and my reactions.


Hmmm.... Okay.  Kool.  I'm all for fighting games, and even though they took the gore that MAKES Mortal Kombat what it is, it can still be fun.  I mean.... Platinum hit, right?


Is it just mandatory for me to have every Lego game now?  Well whatever.  I like 'em.  Lego Batman 2 is supposed to be a big improvement over the first, and I really liked that one.  From what I heard from the opening cutscene of the 3DS version's demo, the voice acting is actually pulled off very well, and they got someone who's practically Mark Hamill's twin brother for the Joker.  Maybe I should do an article on these games sometime.

The sister who gave this to me wasn't sure I'd like it because I'm the SHONEN OTAKU!  But she was unsure when she got me the second Professor Layton game, and I liked that.  I've never played a Harvest Moon title, so if this is only a small improvement over previous games, I won't tell the difference.

:/

I have seen the series on Toonzaki (go now!), but Toonzaki doesn't do full-length movies.  That makes this all the more awesome!

This one was given to me by my friend, Destructoid's own PhilKenSebben.  Judging by the hints he dropped when he gave me the code for it, I thought it was Shank 2, but then on Christmas eve his words suggested to me that it might be Knights of the Old Republic 2.  Nope.  I was right the first time.  Thanks Phil.

And then...... This happened.


"I can't believe they were able to find a copy of Capcom vs. SNK 2!  At a Gamestop!  Ha.  I know what they'll never find.  The rarest Wii game there is."













That was a joke!  I said I wanted that halfway as a joke!......... I feel so spoiled.  I don't even like the Funimation dub of One Piece, but I love Shonen, rare stuff, and a lot of other Shonen Jump games, including Jump Ultimate Stars, which is made by the same people as the One Piece games: Ganbarion.  The CD is in pretty good condition too.

Well, I've had a good Christmas, when all's said and done.  How's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment