Franchise long-runner Joe Higashi couldn't join in this one, as he had a conflicting schedule with a muy thai title match. Mai, another omnipresent figure in the franchise, is also absent story-wise, taking a vacation to spend more time with Andy.
Duck King is a decent replacement though.
|He was shuffling every day before it became a thing.|
So I guess Whip, Foxy, Heidern, Leona, and Mai are all dishonorable too then. It's funny how Yuri never shows any problems with them.
Ash recruited Oswald into his team by beating him in a poker game, something that is not easy to do. Said poker game had Oswald folding with a hand consisting of two kings and three aces.... Dumbass. Shen tried his hand at beating Oswald too, but lost.
If I were speaking instead of typing, I would now take a deep breath from an oxygen mask after the exposition dump. King of Fighters 11 is only beaten out by King of Fighters 2002: Unlimited Match as having the biggest character selection in the franchise.
What game started that stupid fad? I've seen the same thing in Guilty Gear, Capcom vs. SNK 2, and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. Why can't you just choose their color beforehand like Super Smash Brothers or after selecting them like KOF 13?
- A small art gallery with illustrations of the new characters and Ash.
- Special ending artwork for using specific character combinations, much like in the PS1 version of KOF 99.
- An endings viewing gallery.
- The option to customize the colors of every character and their attacks.
- The option to use the arranged music.
- The option to play an arranged version of the arcade mode with new 3D stages and balance tweaks; many of the new stages have cameos of previous KOF characters in the background.
- The option to fight a best-2-out-of-3 series of matches with a single fighter or go back to the Orochi Saga’s elimination-style rounds.
- Additional music tracks for specific characters that start off a match.
- A challenge mode that allows you to unlock some of the…
- Many characters exclusive to the console version. These characters include past KOF participants (Mai, Mr. Big, & Robert), Fatal Fury characters (Hotaru & Tung Fu Rue), and characters from entirely different SNK games (Silver from Buriki One & Sho Hayate from Savage Reign). These characters make what was already an extremely impressive character count a staggering, awe-inspiring character count.
|The gang's all here. Now fight!|