- The game’s main plot is absent. There is no story mode, no cutscenes, and the final opponent in the single player arcade mode is Ash. All the team endings from 13 (except for Ash’s) and some of the special ending artwork are kept in.
- Stages are static images and some of the flashier effects are left out, such as the full-team victory screens with the golden in-your-face spelling out of the word “winner.” Naturally the sprites aren’t quite as sharp either, but the animations are just as smooth.
- In addition to not being in the arcade mode, Saiki is also not playable, and one of the three DLC characters from the original , Mr. Karate, is not available. Playable Saiki and Mr. Karate’s stages, however, are.
- The giant “invitation” image you unlock by practically beating the game to 100% in 13 is not present.
- Character colors are not customizable. Instead, each character has two or three colors. For some, the third is their alternate outfit.
- There aren’t two different music tracks to select like in KOF 13. Instead, which track used is randomly chosen for each battle.
|Some of them have new sprites for older characters.|
I miss Kona.