Thursday, November 22, 2012

Birthday Time

Today is a special day.  No, not Viewtiful Joe day.  That was weeks ago.  Today is me, the Shonen Otaku's birthday!  Yes, today I turn 22.
And (assuming Anti-Dixon posts this by today) a hello to everyone on Destructoid!  It's me, Karutomaru.  I've made my own blog to post some stuff until I get my account back, but I'll be sure to share the most important things with you.
Before I get started with the post, I'd like to say that I don't think we see enough of this on Destructoid's blogs.  Sure, we see the occasional birthday shout-out, but why not birthday posts for average members?  We see a lot of blog posts about people's misery and their poor life situation, so I think there should be some uplifting blogs to counteract that.  Don't be afraid to have your own birthday posts!  It is your day!  Be self-indulgent!

Anyway, this year's was uneventful, but not bad.  Doesn't top last year's Capcom vs. SNK 2, and I've learned to appreciate and loathe Black Friday.  On one hand, I got Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance for 15 as opposed to the full price that was paid originally.  On the other hand, it took half an hour of waiting in line for 2 products because they had only one manager working Wal-Mart on Black Friday's eve!  Their stupidity knows no bounds.
With the money I got back from saving with the sale, I'll be getting King of Fighters 11 and 13 come tomorrow, which is what I've really been trying to get my hands on.

Apart from that, I got some nice stuff to use.  Slippers, a mouse for the laptop so I can finally scroll through my weapons, a Bowser Kinex cart, and..... Professor Layton and the Diabolical box.  This will be my first Professor Layton game, so, to the suprise of not a single soul, I will once again be playing a long-running series starting with a sequel.

ぼくのたんじょうびさいこう!

UPDATE: I had to drive 9 miles, but I got my King of Fighters games, as well as Odin's Sphere in a nice deal.  Hyes!

Pictured: buyer's remorse.
I also saw Capcom vs. SNK 2 on the PS2.  Something Phil said was stolen from him by that unsympathetic monster we only want to painfully torture.  Hopefully it will still be there come Christmas, mmmmmm?

And I hope we all had a good Thankgiving.  Personally it's my favorite holiday symbolically, as it represents peace and prosperity.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you got a nice score. Good stuff birthday boy.

    ReplyDelete